Autumn is here, and so are the flu shots. Not sure if you need a flu shot this year? Here are some quick facts to consider:
- For children under the age of 5, adults over the age of 65, and pregnant women, receiving the flu vaccination is especially important.
- Peak flu season begins in October and lasts through March.
- Once you get the flu vaccine, it usually takes two weeks for the antibodies to work through your system.
- For patients over the age of 65 and for high-risk patients, we also have High Dose Influenza Immunizations.
- The longer you wait, the more you increase your chances to catch the flu. So, the time to get your flu shot is... as soon as possible!
Call 256-533-5211 to schedule your flu shot appointment today!