To safely navigate coronavirus awareness and prevention, we are taking extra steps to relieve patient concern in ways that reduce potential exposure to the virus.
- Many of our patients have insurance that has temporarily expanded coverage for online visits/consultation through our online patient portal and telephone-based care. Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Aetna (and others) have broadened their coverage of Telehealth/Telemedicine services, which allow our physicians to evaluate and treat patients over the phone or through our secure online communication system. This gives our patients access to medical care within the safety and comfort of home -- while still following the requirements set forth in Alabama's Statewide Public Health Order. To take advantage of this service, please call our office at 256.533.5211 to schedule a telephone appointment, or message us through our online patient portal.
- Please note: While most insurance has expanded coverage for telephone-based appointments, some (like Medicare, United Health Care and TriCare) may require specific video conferencing software to comply.
- When specific services, such as Teledoc, are offered through your insurance provider, your insurance may not cover telephone service with our office. Please verify with your insurance carrier the latest updates to coverage.
- Messaging through the patient portal may be done 24 hours a day and is the quickest way to reach our practitioners. We answer all correspondence as soon as we are able to provide an informed response.
- For those with existing appointments or who prefer to see us in person, our office is still open for our patients! But, we urge our patients to take advantage of our patient portal and telephone services.
- Further, we encourage our patients to review the comprehensive coronavirus/COVID-19 information available through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to track developments and to learn what to do if concerned about exposure.
- There is also some excellent information about the COVID-19 vaccine available at the CDC's Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination page.
As always, we appreciate our patients and are available to answer any questions.